Monday, December 27, 2010

Why you should own Veganomicon


This book is a god-send.  Please bear with me while I rave about it for a minute. Thanks :)

Top 5 reasons why I'm obsessed with this book:
a) Lists recipes by; soy-free, gluten-free, and low fat/ reduced fat
b) Specifies which recipes will take under 45 minutes to prepare- some can even be made in 15 minutes.
c) Explains in detail, how to cook every vegetable imaginable, in every way. Finally maybe I can master the perfect asparagus.
d) Supermarket friendly recipes- meaning the ingredients can be found in any generic store. This comes in handy when Whole Foods closes at 7pm...
e) Handy tips such as "how to stop your cutting board from sliding," and "basic knife skills." I would recommend getting the knife skills before learning how to keep the board from sliding....

It's a tell-all book, where the authors don't expect me to know much about what I'm doing :)  Their humorously blunt way of telling me I'm an idiot, makes me want to prove them wrong.

Not to mention all the delicious vegan food I'm about to make. Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment